When you buy any equipment, you get a user guide for it. User guides are also well known as user manuals, owners instructions, etc. It is highly recommended to use the guide that came with the equipment for much easier and efficient use of it. Most guides are clear and self-explanatory, but all the same we offer you the certain tips for getting more opportunities for you.
- Firstly, make certain that you use the right guide for your device maker and model. The advice may seem funny, because this is matter-of-course. But nowadays there are a lot of similar pieces of appliances, and information may vary from one to another. You can meet resembling titles of guides, such as Case 558V, Case 558W, or Case 588W, etc. So, do not ignore the advice of checking your manual to be sure you are reading the correct one.
- Read the table of contents to search for general topics like "Optional Equipment" or "Tips for Caring."
- Then find the necessary section to perform the certain type of service or repair. Here are some of such sections you can find in most guides.
Inspection. If you need to check electrical wiring for damage or broken parts, inspect corroded connectors or blown fuses, read this instructions. Here you will find tips concerning to inspecting hoses, bearings, or other items, depending on the device.
Scheduled maintenance. It is recommended to perform regular maintenance of any equipment. This section includes a calendar-type schedule for planned service, such as changing the oil or air filters, maintenance for different moving parts, belts, bearings, coils and others.
Troubleshooting tips. This section includes tips related to diagnosing mechanical problems. Here you can see a list of common possible malfunctions and accordingly possible causes of them. If you find out the reason of the certain problem, you will be able to resolve it by yourself based on the instruction.
Specifications. This section involve technical information about your device. It may be useful for you to know such technical facts about your equipment as its fuel requirements, power, capabilities, capacities, size, weight, etc.
- If you can't find the necessary section in the table of contents, look for it in the index. You should search for key words or phrases related to the information you need.
- It's important to read and follow tips of the section that describes the actions you should perform before start to use the appliance. You may need some tools on hand or make room for the use of equipment, etc.
- Pay attention at the section that includes specific warnings and safety information, for example, electrical safety. It also usually contains child safety information. Remember, use different types of equipment and machines requires caution and awareness of risks.
- It may happen that you can't find the needed information in your guide. Most guides mention free phone numbers for technical support and official web addresses that may be useful for you.
- It's a good idea to periodically obtain related manuals and guides for your appliance, especially if you are going to do extensive work on it. Such parts manuals and publications concerning to diagnostics and specifications may be available on CDs or DVDs from the manufacturers. In addition, there are a lot of reliable websites like Myfixbase, that offer to download free copies of various guides, manuals and instructions.
- Until you are quite familiar with the procedure of use and service, follow the instructions and tips of the guide carefully and attentively. All your actions should be rechecked and tested if possible.
- Put a bookmark on the guide pages that you refer to most frequently for your convenience and saving of time.