If you need to install or reinstall DLL or AX codec or filter file on you computer, but you don't know how, this article will be useful for you. Please, follow the steps, you can see below.
- First of all, you should unarchive the package and use the files. If you work with Windows 9x/Me, you need the files from Release folder. If you work with Windows 2000/XP, you need the files from Release unicode.
- Then you have to copy DLL or AX files in your windows system32 folder. Depending on the version of Windows you can find it at the following addresses:
- For Windows 95/98/98SE/Me - C:WindowsSystem
- For Windows NT/2000 - C:WINNTSystem32
- For Windows XP - C:WindowsSystem32
- Click on "Start" to go to your Start menu, and then click on "Run" to open the Run program. You will see the text area. In order to install the files, type there "regsvr32 filename.dll" or "regsvr32 filename.ax" (without quotes). Replace "filename.dll" or "filename.ax" by name of DLL file or name of AX, which you have downloaded. Click "OK".
- Now, you should restart your computer.
- Finally, when Dll install is completed, you will receive a message saying that your file was successfully installed. If installation was not successful, you will be informed why.